- Conduct research on relevant sections and provisions of the Louisiana Constitution;
- Draft materials summarizing relevant research, advisory council recommendations and other information;
- Gather, analyze and synthesize information and data from outside sources, including State agencies;
- Prepare materials for advisory council meetings and meetings with other key stakeholders;
- Attend monthly advisory council meetings and other additional meetings with key stakeholders;
- Participate in weekly telephonic and/or in-person meetings with the project team;
- Support advisory council, PAR staff and Project Manager as necessary
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree is required. Law or other graduate degree or progress towards degree is preferred. Strong assets for this candidate would be general familiarity with the structure and functions of state government, strong research and writing skills and attention to detail. Candidate should have an interest and familiarity with state public policy issues.
Term: Part-time position, 15-20 hours per week, to be filled in August 2018.
CONTACT: Steven Procopio, Policy Director at email@example.com.
Development Intern – 1 internship available
Description: Duties include assisting in PAR’s Development and Communication activities. The student will be involved in projects such as: PAR’s Annual Meeting; website; newsletter publication; membership recruitment and retention; marketing of PAR publications; donor correspondence; donor research; and grant writing.
Qualifications: We are seeking a student with strong communication skills, written and verbal, who would be able to interface with PAR’s various target audiences (members, potential members, policy makers, the governmental research community and the general public).
Terms: Part time position, 10 hours per week, to be filled from August/ September 2018 until the end of the fall semester with an option for renewal.
CONTACT: Stacey Emick Howell, Development Director. firstname.lastname@example.org or (225) 926-8414 Ext. 217