Who May Join PAR?
Membership in PAR is open to the public. The minimum annual membership contribution for individuals is $100. PAR has a suggested dues schedule for businesses based on size and type of business with the minimum contribution being $200. Call the PAR office (225.926.8414) to find out the suggested dues amount for your company.
Why Join PAR?
PAR members not only get the satisfaction of knowing that they are helping make Louisiana a better place to live, work and do business, but they also receive all PAR publications and participate in other PAR-sponsored activities such as the organization’s annual conference, which is usually devoted to the “hot topic” of the day.
To a substantial degree, support of PAR has always represented an act of faith on the part of a contributor – faith that at some point government in Louisiana will be more accountable, more efficient and more responsive to its citizens because of the research and information provided by an organization like PAR. That faith has been rewarded time and again, as PAR recommendations have been implemented. Over the years PAR’s recommendations have saved taxpayers millions of dollars.
PAR has never accepted state funding in an effort to maintain its independence. Therefore, it is essential that PAR continue to receive the support of citizens interested in improving Louisiana government and moving Louisiana forward.
10 Reasons to Join PAR
- PAR is a private, non-profit organization existing for the sole reason of providing accurate and objective research about state and local governmental issues.
- PAR, established in 1950, is highly regarded by governmental decision makers, the media and citizens interested in good government.
- Because of the respect PAR has earned over the years, it has the clout to get things done, as is evidenced by the large number of reforms it has triggered over the years.
- It is important to the people of Louisiana to have an impartial, competent and dedicated research organization to explore the facts and develop appropriate alternatives for enlightened governmental changes.
- PAR is unique in Louisiana in that it is supported by a broad spectrum of individuals and businesses; it is the only organization in the state doing independent research on state and local government. Its research is used extensively by citizens, public officials, the media as well as trade and professional associations.
- PAR is citizen-supported and financed independently of government, thus it can forge to the front, challenging issues and acts of public officials, a risk that many individuals, businesses and trade associations cannot undertake.
- PAR research has been the basis of many of the governmental reforms in Louisiana that
have occurred in the last 50 years.
- PAR gives Louisiana citizens an unequaled opportunity, short of holding public office, to
have a positive influence on Louisiana’s governmental decision making process.
- PAR is one the best investments toward a brighter future for Louisiana.
- PAR is privately supported by more than 3,000 individuals and businesses throughout
the state. The minimum membership contribution requested is $100. The average gift is about $200.